Supporting the Ecuadorian Youth to achieve their higher education goals, and become successful professionals
In 2009, JUVE created the Ecuadorian Scholars Fund (ESF) to support more young Ecuadorians and adults alike achieve their goal of obtaining a college degree, and thus develop as professionals. Our organization created this Fund in the belief that all people deserve the opportunity to develop their potential, regardless of their social status. It is our goal to provide the motivating push and support to achieve their success; and proudly, 2017 is the ninth year providing scholarships.
The “Ecuadorian Scholars Fund,” is without a doubt the most ambitious and important project, not only for the organization but also for the Ecuadorian community as a whole. To date, over $40,000 has been contributed to our community, and we will continue to work hard to provide more scholarship in the upcoming years’ thanks to the support from public and private sources as well as members from our community. The importance of the ESF is due mostly because its success has a long-term and direct impact in the life of those who will benefit through the scholarship, helping them to obtain a college degree, and thus develop as professionals and better citizens.
This scholarship is intended to assist students in the Tri-State area of New York, in paying costs related expenses for their studies at educational institutions in the United States. The organization will use information from the Department of Education and/or local universities to verify that students meet the criteria for these scholarships. The requirements to apply and participate in the scholarship competition are:
- Must be an Ecuadorian citizen or of Ecuadorian descend
- Must be enrolled, or accepted, to study in the fall semester of 2018-2019 at an accredited university in the United States
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must provide proof of having completed a minimum of 25 hours of community service in 2018 (a letter indicating you have done at least 25 hours of community service) (if you have not done community service yet, you still have a chance to do it in Juventud Ecuatoriana, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask how you can join)
- Must write an argumentative essay
In the era of information overload and how we do, or not, filter and validate the quality and veracity of the information we consume:
What strategies would you develop to help the Ecuadorian and Hispanic community identify reliable information, and be more aware of how information is used and the positive or negative impact it can have on our society?
The deadline for the ESF scholarship contest has passed. Like us in Facebook to receive updates and information of the activities of the organization, and learn about the next year’s scholarship contest.
The ESF scholarship contest will be open from July 1st to August 31st, 2019.