Scholarships for Ecuadorian Students
This scholarship is intended to assist students in paying costs related expenses for their studies at educational institutions located in the states of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. The organization will use information from the Department of Education and/or local universities to verify that students meet the criteria for these scholarships. The requirements to apply and participate in the scholarship competition are:
- Must be an Ecuadorian citizen or of Ecuadorian descent.
- Must be enrolled, or accepted, to study in the fall semester of 2016-2017 at an accredited university in the NY Tri-State area.
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must participate in the “Leadership” workshop. Click to watch the video and take the quiz.
- Must provide proof of having completed a minimum of 15 hours of community service in 2016 (a letter indicating you have done at least 15 hours of community service) (if you have not done community service yet, you still have a chance to do it in Juventud Ecuatoriana, contact email@example.com to ask how you can join)
- Must write an argumentative essay to be submitted in the online application. Check the topic in the Essay Topic Section
Ecuadorians living abroad are not required to vote and therefore are not penalized as those living in Ecuador.
According to the 2014 CNE data, there are nearly 700,000 Ecuadorians living in the US and only 28,263 of them exercised their right to vote.
What effective initiatives would you develop to increase the Ecuadorian vote abroad?
For more information visit:
The instructions how to connect to the online workshops will be sent by email.