Scholarships for Ecuadorian Students
This scholarship is intended to assist students in the Tri-State area of New York, in paying costs related expenses for their studies at educational institutions in the United States. The organization will use information from the Department of Education and/or local universities to verify that students meet the criteria for these scholarships. The requirements to apply and participate in the scholarship competition are:
- Must be an Ecuadorian citizen or of Ecuadorian descend
- Must be enrolled, or accepted, to study in the fall semester of 2018-2019 at an accredited university in the United States
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must provide proof of having completed a minimum of 15 hours of community service in 2018 (a letter indicating you have done at least 15 hours of community service) (if you have not done community service yet, you still have a chance to do it in Juventud Ecuatoriana, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask how you can join)
- Must write an argumentative essay
In the era of information overload and how we do, or not, filter and validate the quality and veracity of the information we consume:
What strategies would you develop to help the Ecuadorian and Hispanic community identify reliable information, and be more aware of how information is used and the positive or negative impact it can have on our society?
The deadline for the ESF scholarship contest has passed. Like us in Facebook to receive updates and information of the activities of the organization, and learn about the next year’s scholarship contest.