Scholarships for Ecuadorian Students
This scholarship is intended to assist students in paying costs related to their studies at institutions located in the states of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. The organization will work with the Department of Education and/or local universities to verify that students meet the criteria for these scholarships. The requirements to apply and participate in the scholarship competition are:
- Must be an Ecuadorian citizen or of Ecuadorian descent.
- Must be enrolled, or accepted, to study in the fall semester of 2012 at an accredited university in the NY Tri-State area.
- Must have a total grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must participate in 2 workshops of “Leadership and Team Building” provided by JUVE (all these workshops are online):
Leadership and Networking (duration 1hr 30min):
- Aug 16 at 8pm
- Aug 23 at 2pm or 8pm
- Aug 28 at 2pm or 8pm
Project Management (duration 1hr 30min):
- Aug 21 at 2pm or 6pm
- Aug 27 at 2pm or 6pm
GO HERE TO REGISTER TO THE TWO WORKSHOPS: http://juventudecuatoriana.org/workshops-registration-form
The instructions to connect to the workshops will be sent by email.
- Must provide proof of having completed a minimum of 15 hours of community service in 2012.
- Must write an argumentative essay to be submitted in the online application. The topic is:
Many studies show that second and third generations lose the traditions and culture from their predecessors’ home countries. What needs to be done to make sure these traditions, culture and language are strengthened among these generations? Propose a detailed project or initiative.