Scholarships for Ecuadorian Students
This scholarship is intended to assist students in paying costs related to their studies at institutions located in the states of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. The organization will work with the Department of Education and/or local universities to verify that students meet the criteria for these scholarships. The requirements to apply and participate in the scholarship competition are:
- Must be an Ecuadorian citizen or of Ecuadorian descent.
- Must be enrolled, or accepted, to study in the fall semester of 2013 at an accredited university in the NY Tri-State area.
- Must have a total grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must participate in 2 workshops of “Leadership and Team Building” provided by JUVE (all these workshops are online):
Leadership and Networking (duration 1hr 30min):
- Aug 14 at 6pm
- Aug 19 at 6pm
- Aug 27 at 6pm
- Aug 29 at 5:30pm (last seminar)
Project Management (duration 1hr 30min):
- Aug 15 at 6pm
- Aug 20 at 6pm
- Aug 28 at 6pm
- Aug 29 at 7:00pm (last seminar)
GO HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE TWO WORKSHOPS: http://juventudecuatoriana.org/workshops-registration-form
The instructions how to connect to the online workshops will be sent by email.
- Must provide proof of having completed a minimum of 15 hours of community service in 2013.
- Must write an argumentative essay to be submitted in the online application. The topic is:
“Given that an immigration reform appears imminent, what do you think hispanic communities, ecuadorian in particular, could do to demonstrate how their contribution to society will make the United States a stronger, more prospeous and just country? Propose a detailed project or initiative.”